Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Evolution of a Flogger

In my last post, I put up a picture of a flogger I'd made out of twine. It consisted of a large number of little tiny flat braids (technically plaits, but who's counting). Go look so you know what I'm talking about. I'll wait.

Did you see it? Okay. So it looked at that point like a light sensation toy, something scratchy and tickly but not really painful, and lightly testing it on an arm and a leg bore that theory out.

Well, last night I got creative.
What I did here was take the flat braids in groups of four and made thick, dense round braids with them. I finished the ends in electrical tape and also reinforced the end of the handle with the same tape.

The tape is for aesthetics, laziness and (I'll admit it) a touch of nastiness.


I think the light sensation toy has evolved into something a little more interesting...I'll let you know how the test runs go. ;)

No comments: