Friday, July 18, 2008

Bruises

(easily recognizable tattoo inexpertly covered by good ol' MSpaint. *beam*)


I apparently bruise easily when bitten. This is a pain in my metaphorical ass.

Shoulders, back, back of the neck, legs, belly, all of these places are fine and I don't care if I bruise. I actually like having them as a reminder of a fun time. When bruises happen on forearms and such, it's a little tougher. When you can't discuss your extracurricular activities with co-workers and some friends, how the hell do you explain the damn things?? *grin*

I've read good things about arnica as a bruise healer, so I picked up some 'Arnicare Gel'. It's kind of hard to tell if it's working, though. Maybe I'll get the boy to bite me twice, side by side; I'll use the gel on one bruise and not on the other. ;) Gotta have a control in any good scientific experiment!

Any other suggestions for quicker bruise healing would be appreciated. :)

2 comments:

Curvaceous Dee said...

My bruises heal really slow - and I like it like that, but I can understand why not everyone does! Arnica is what works best for me, too.

xx Dee

PantheraPardus said...

I bruise easily and heal slowly. The boy's starting to realize that I'm not as thick-skinned as he is. ;) I can bite him (almost) as hard as I can and he _may_ have tooth imprints for an hour or so. I haven't been able to mark him yet. It's a challenge, now. *grins evilly*

Bruises in most places I don't mind healing slowly...but that one is on my forearm. It's summer here (90F, or 32C), and I'd normally be wearing short sleeves to work. *grin*

The ones that are on my upper arm and shoulder can take as long as they want. *nod*